Articles & Free Resources
Invaluable assets. At your fingertips.
Peruse these foundational pieces that shed light on everything from helping clients choose your finest, most comprehensive care to building a dental practice uncommon in prosperity and personal fulfillment. Sharpen your edge by exploring these quick reads and resources hand-picked by Dr. Bob Frazer.
- A New MCAT and a New Focus for Future Doctors
- SSC Symposium 2009: Becoming Emotionally Intelligent, High Performing, Authentic and Significant
Leadership & Strategy
- Are You Wise to the Ways of ASP? ... the why's and wherefore's of ASP.
- The Definition of Applied Strategic Planning
- Foresight First, James Mapes
- The 7 Parameters (P’s) for The Exceptional, Transformational Fee for Service Practice of the 21st Century
- The Five Levels of Entry to the Health Centered, Relationship Based: Tier IV Practice
- The Zig Zag Syndrome
- University of Texas' Yudof: Success flows from planning and leadership
- One of Dr. Pankey's Students Who Changed Dentistry Forever
- Leading your Total Life the Peter Drucker Way
- Ten Questions Game Changers Must Answer
- Leadership Matters... or Does It?
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Emotional Intelligence
- Dentists Who Get Results: The Extraordinary Power of Emotional Intelligence
- Eastman Kodak Study
- "The Feeling Board" - One Way Our Team Became More Transparent of Emotions
- The Right Time to Discuss Fees - Part I
- The Right Time to Discuss Fees - Part II
- If Your Practice Was An Amusement Park
Dentistry is constantly evolving. Are you?
Dr. Lynn Carlisle's Wonderful Web Site Resource
Dentist, author, historian of dentistry's pivot period, Past President of the Bob Barkley Foundation and my dear friend, Lynn Carlisle, DDS, has created an indispensable resource for those of us who lived the health-centered, relationship-based revolution in dentistry of the 70s and 80s. More importantly, he has provided a resource and forum for all those younger dentists who understand that it is first the primacy of the relationship between doctor and the person we call the patient that provides the most powerful pathway to the health and well being of both. I strongly encourage you to visit this rich site and become a subscriber. You'll be glad you did!
The Dawson Center for the Advancement of Dentistry, St. Petersburg, FL
Founded in 1979, the Dawson Center is dedicated to teaching the principles and skills necessary for the successful practice of complete, quality, predictable dentistry with primary concentration on occlusion and the TMJ. I have learned more than I can possibly recount through the courses and gifted teaching of Dr. Pete Dawson ... beginning as early as 1972. Management of the occlusal/functional aspects learned and applied from Dr. Dawson's principles have allowed cases I treated in the 70s to endure beautifully for more than 35 years. Beginning in 2006, we had the privilege of leading the Dawson Center in Applied Strategic Planning. Their current offering of technical courses and instructors is excellent, but only the beginning of what we believe can be one of the finest post graduate dental education institutions in the world. If you haven't taken training there, do so soon!
Open Sky Wilderness Therapy, Durango, CO
We highly recommend - Open Sky’s holistic wilderness treatment program that integrates the best of traditional clinical modalities, natureopathy, and wilderness therapy. Work with teenagers ages 13-17 and young adults ages 18-28 on a wide range of presenting issues, including drug and alcohol abuse, depression, ADD, low self esteem, anxiety, and anger management. The Open Sky treatment approach is client-centered and evidence-based. With over 70 years of collective experience in the fields of wilderness therapy and holistic medicine, the Open Sky leadership team presents students and families with a comprehensive treatment program that engages the healing power of nature. My son, Danny, works with OSWT, and I know its founder/CEO Aaron Fernandes—both took our ASP Series a few years ago.
Author of five best-selling books, speaker, and workshop leader who greatly impacted me around issues of family systems and emotional intelligence.
This firm was started by three of my best and most successful clients - Dr's Don Taylor, Ryan Coulon and Jason Luchtefeld to perpetuate and evolve my work of the last forty years. They also work with us in several of our programs.